Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 August 2013

     I've been choosing and reviewing books for libraries for a number of years and now that I'm freelancing and doing some proof-reading, etc., I thought people might be interested in some of the new and forthcoming titles I've been reading and reviewing so from now on, you will find my thoughts here as I read my way through the cream of the new season's titles.

     My favourite leisure reading is crime fiction and I've enjoyed crime fiction conventions across the UK so one thread of these blogs will be recommending the best new crime fiction from the UK, the USA and Europe, including some of the brilliant new crime fiction from Italy as well as the Scandinavian writers who produce "Nordic noir".  I certainly won't be forgetting Tartan noir either, as Scotland currently have some of the greatest crime fiction in the world, from the genius of Rankin & McDermid to the bizarre and brilliant humour of Christopher Brookmyre and the warped and disturbing work of the fantastic Stuart MacBride (I first encountered him in a coffee queue at a talk at the Harrogate Festival when he came up to me and asked, without introduction, how I would dispose of a corpse...don't ask).

No comments:

Post a Comment